The Governor, who urged Muslims to use the month for spiritual rejuvenation, atonement of sins, devotion and prayers to Almighty Allah to shower His mercy on people and government of the country, prayed for a successful completion of the fast.
In a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Abdulwahab Oba, the Governor said “we thank Almighty Allah for sparing our lives to witness yet another blessed month of Ramadan. This is a time for sober reflection, commitment to worship, showing affection to the poor and the needy while seeking favour and blessings from the Most High.”
He said adherents of the Islamic faith should use the special month of Ramadan to pray for the country and redouble their efforts to do more for the progress of the nation.
According to Gov Ahmed “our resolve is unshaken, our commitment is unwavering and our desire to take Kwara to a new height remains sacrosanct.” Gov. Ahmed assured Kwarans that all on-going projects by his administration will be completed on schedule.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92