By Arowona Abdulazeez
The Kwara State Government has reaffirmed its determination to bridge the 200, 000 housing deficit gap in the state.
It therefore stressed that it is committed to the provision of 30,000 housing units within the first two years of the second term of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed led administration.
The State Commissioner for Housing and Urban Development, Alhaji Muideen Alalade, who gave the assurance on Friday while speaking with journalists in Ilorin, the kwara state capital, said there is deficit of seventeen million housing deficit in the country.
Towards achieving the target of providing the thirty thousand housing units, Alhaji Alalade, explained that the state government partnered twenty private developers to achieve the desired goals.
According to him, the dwindling economy is affecting the government’s target of meeting the housing provision, hence the need to synergize with private investors towards realizing the objective.
Alhaji Alalade also disclosed that Governor Ahmed would commission the Budo Eso Housing Estate this month, pointing out that government is also providing housing for low income earners in the state.
He added that through the collaboration with the African National Development Project, five thousand housing units would be constructed across the three Senatorial districts of the state.
The commissioner mentioned that it would be built in Ilorin, Offa, Omu Aran, Share, Ajase-Po, and Ilesa Baruba.
On Ilorin Master Plan, Alhaji Alalade said the plan is long overdue, saying that the government had engaged a consultant for the review of the plan and stressed that the Ministry through its Technical Committee on Urban and Planning Development would ensure that the people of the state key into the plan
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide