Following the striping of Mr. Biola Ogundokun of chieftaincy titles, the first class paramount ruler, Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrosheed Adewale Akanbi, Telu I, has announced the appointment of Alhaji Jimoh Babatunde Okanlawon popularly addressed as JBO as a replacement to Ogundokun.
The announcement of the new appointment was contained in a statement issued by his press secretary, Alli Ibraheem at the palace yesterday.
Oluwo has directed all responsibilities and obligations related to the title of Otun Balogun of Iwoland should henceforth be ascribed to Chief Okanlawon.
The statement said ordered immediate acting of Okanlawon as the substantive Chief Balogun of
As contained in the certificate of appointment, Chief Okanlawon is directed to resume duty immediately.
According to him, following the appointment and installation of Jimoh Babatunde Okanlawon as the new Otun Balogun of Iwo on Wednesday at the Oluwo palace, the former occupant has ceased to be the right hand of Balogun of Iwoland.
“If any other person parades himself as the Otun Balogun of Iwoland would be running the risk of impersonation, which is an offence punishable under the laws of the land,” he said.
The monarch, in his address made it clear that the Oluwo is the prescribed, consenting and appointing authority on different categories of chiefs in Iwoland including Balogun and Otun Balogun.
According to OLUWO , “The only person who has been conferred with the chieftaincy title of Otun Balogun of Iwoland is Chief Jimoh Okanlawon following the recommendation of the IWO Traditional Council, opinion leaders and stakeholders and he (Okanlawon) has accordingly been issued a certificate to that effect.
“This new certificate has invalidated any previous certificate issued to anyone.”
Chief Jimoh Okanlawon is an entrepreneur of merit who has contributed immensely to Iwoland.
Oba Akanbi has equally concluded arrangement to install the new Basorun Musulumi of Iwoland next week.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council