About 10 persons were feared dead in a fatal auto crash that occurred along Kasuwar Daji-Gusau Road in Zamfara State.
The crash, which happened on Saturday night, left 45 persons with varying degrees of injuries.
According to the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mohammed Shehu, the accident involved a “trailer vehicle”.
“On 18th April 202o at about 2100hours, a trailer vehicle conveying passengers and goods from Kasuwar Daji market was involved in a fatal accident where 10 persons died on the spot while 45 others sustained injuries and were rushed to the Federal Medical Center, Gusau for treatment,” Shehu said in a statement.
The Police spokesperson said the remains of the deceased persons have been deposited at the Federal Medical Center Mortuary, Gusau and would be handed over to their relations for burial.
He urged the general public, especially drivers of commercial vehicles, to refrain from reckless driving and obey all traffic regulations
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal