Eleven persons lost their lives to a multiple auto crash near Isara Bridge, Ogere, off the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway on Saturday night.
Seven other persons sustained varying degrees of injuries in the inferno that resulted from the accident.
Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Sector Commander in Ogun, Mr Ahmed Umar, confirmed the figures of the accident victims to the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Abeokuta.
Umar stated that the accident, which occurred at 10.35 p.m. involved two Mazda buses and a car and was caused by excessive speeding.
He added that the affected vehicles and the dead were burnt beyond identification and recognition.
Six of the seven injured persons were taken to a hospital at Ogere for treatment, while the seventh person was taken to Babcock University Teaching Hospital, Ilisan, also in Ogun for treatment.
Umaru said the injured are five male adults, one female adult and a male child.
“Motorists are advised to drive cautiously, obey traffic rules and regulations and also cooperate with traffic managers,’’ he admonished.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting
- Soludo suspends LG chairman over wife’s death
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq