The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command said it has rescued the eleven victims abducted in Gwargwada community in Kuje Area Council of the FCT.
The victims were rescued on February 26, 2022, following prompt response by the FCT Command to the unfortunate report of the abduction of some residents into a forest in Gwargwada community by kidnappers.
In a statement issued by the FCT Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Joseph Adeh, said the Police Commissioner, Babaji Sunday stated that, on receipt of the report, the FCT Command launched a massive manhunt for the perpetrators and the rescue of the victims.
It said; “Prompt tactical and intelligence driven special operation led to rescue of all the abducted victims unhurt.
“Intelligence at the disposal of the Command uncovered the criminal dens in Forest within the Kuje area of the FCT and operatives are already combing the forests to arrest the criminal elements and rescue other victims (if any).
“The rescued victims are already receiving necessary medical evaluations and would be reunited with their families as soon as they are confirmed medically stable.” He assured.
This is coming few days after the Minister of FCT commended the security agencies for ensuring the peaceful conduct of the recent FCT Area Council elections that took place on the 12th of February 2022.
According to the Minister, it was to the credit of the security agencies that the FCT Area Council elections took place in a largely peaceful atmosphere.
“There is an urgent need for our security agencies to improve on the implementation of the strategies being deployed in tackling the security situation in the Federal Capital Territory”
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku