An 11-year-old boy, Ibrahim Ali, has drowned in an open water at Gunduwawa junction in Gezawa Local Government Area of Kano state.
Abdullahi said the incident occurred on June 10.
“We received an emergency call at about 10:33 a.m. from one Ibrahim Burga and we sent our rescue team to the scene at about 10:45 a.m’’, saying the boy was brought out of the water unconscious and was later confirmed dead.
Abdullahi said the corpse has been handed over to the ward head of Gunduwawa, Sa’adu Ahmed.
In another development, a 21-year-old man, Shehu Shua’ibu, was said to have been drowned in an open water at Kurna Tudun Rugudi in Ungogo Local Government Area.
The incident occurred on Thursday afternoon, said the Kano State Fire Service, which indicated “We received an emergency call at about 03:22 p.m. from one Dahiru Abdullahi and we sent our rescue team to the scene at about 04:35 p.m.”
A Fire Service official said that Shua’ibu was brought out of the water unconscious and was later confirmed dead.
Abdullahi said the corpse has been handed over to ward head of Tudun Fulani, Rabiu Abubakar.
Also in Kano, the State Fire Service said it has rescued a two-year-old cat which fell inside a well at Medile transformer line in Kumbotso Local Government Area.
According to an official statement, “we received an emergency call on Friday morning at about 10:36 a.m. from Ibrahim Abdullahi, and our rescue team was sent to the scene nine minutes after.’’
It said the cat was rescued alive and handed over to the owner, Ibrahim Abdullahi. (NAN)
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus