14-yr-old boy remanded in prison for defiling a 22-month-old baby in Oyo
14-year-old boy remanded in prison for defiling a 22-month-old baby in Oyo
A 14-year-old boy who allegedly defiled a 22-month-old baby has been remanded in Agodi Corrections facility, by a family court in Iyaganku, Oyo State.
The Prosecution Counsel, Insp Oluwakemi Arowosaye told the court that the boy resides with his parents at No 4, Salawu Street, Ibadan. He was accused of defiling the baby between March 31 and April 3.
Chief Magistrate P. O. Adetuyibi did not take the plea of the minor who was charged with defilement, for want in the jurisdiction.
Adetuyibi ordered the police to send the case to the Oyo State Directorate of Public Prosecution for legal advice. The baby who is an orphan, has been taken by the Oyo State Child Welfare Department of the Ministry for Women Affairs.
The judge adjourned the matter until July 20, for mention.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje