Connect with us

Top stories

15 killed in Congo floods

Published

on

15 killed in Congo floods

Officials say 15 people were killed after torrential rains in eastern Congo.

“We are recording enormous damage; practically it is a disaster. We have just removed 15 bodies from these waters,” North Kivu provincial official Roger Malinga said.

The rains on Thursday caused a river to overflow, explained Faustin Kasole, a civil society leader in the region, adding that one village had been entirely “wiped off the map.”

He said he expected the death toll to be much larger, given that the search for bodies had taken place in the dark overnight and was continuing.

Facebook Comments
15 killed in Congo floods Copyright 2020 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.

Contact: [email protected]

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest news

Trending

Advertisement

Trending