No fewer than 1,500 members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, have decamped to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Rivers State.
The defectors were led by the Chairman of Rivers state Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria, RTEAN, Ndamati Amadi in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
Speaking, during the decamping ceremony, Ndamati said the good works of the State Governor, Nyesom Wike made him and his supporters decamp to the party.
Another decampee from the APC, Chuks Amadi also said his decision to decamp to the PDP with his supporters was based on programmes of the Wike’s administration.
Receiving the defectors, spokesman of the PDP in the state, Samuel Nwanosike assured them of equal treatment with old members.
According to Nwanosike, the PDP remains the only party that can give them the recognition and attention they deserved.
“The APC has not been able to deliver on its campaign promises to Nigerians so these our brothers said they cannot remain in a place with so much lies so they have come to the PDP. You are welcome,” he said.
Nwanosike also called on the APC to leave the Nigerian Army alone to to their job of providing security for the populace.
“The APC should leave the army alone. It is an institution that should not be politicized.
“That there was panic around schools yesterday over the army is not enough to politicise the situation”, he said.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai