No fewer than 17 worshipers were left injured on Monday when a passenger bus ran into Christian worship centre in the Numan Local Government Area of Adamawa State.
The victims according to sources, were admitted into different hospitals around Numan, the local government headquarters.
Witnesses said the accident happened around 10 am and that the offending bus had been apprehended and the driver arrested.
One of the witnesses, Stanley Jaule, said the affected members of the Christian community were marching towards a mountain which the locals call Galilee when the bus came over them from behind.
He added that the accident almost caused a serious crisis from others in the procession who were angry at how the bus sped up into the procession, but that peace prevailed and the situation had calmed down.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum