Donald Duke, Former Governor of Cross River State, has said that he is not in support of zoning Presidency to Northerners.
Duke, while speaking on Hard Copy anchored by Maope Ogun on Channels TV, said, “I have never subjected myself to zoning, when I ran for Governor I was not afforded zoning, everybody and everyone was able to run in Cross River.”
He maintained that, “Besides its my constitutional right to run, you can’t zone my right, I think it’s unconstitutional to zone.
“Besides, like I said to you I was born a Nigerian, I wasn’t born an Easterner or Westerner, I was born after Independence. So my outlook is Nigerian.”
Concluding, the ex-governor said Nigeria was in dire straits and should jettison zoning and go for the best.
It could be recalled that Chieftains of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the opposition Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) flayed Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State for declaring his intention to run for Presidency in 2019 against the zoning arrangement of the two major political parties in the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal