An 18-year-old girl, Bola Adeniyi, on Tuesday appeared in an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court for alleged kidnapping.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Oriyomi Akinwale, told the court that the accused committed the offence on Dec. 13, 2016 at Fabor Forest, Efon Alaaye in Efon Alaaye, Ekiti.
Akinwale said the accused unlawfully conspired to Kidnap Gbenga Adejare in Efon Alaaye, Ekiti.
He said that some of her co-accused had been arrested and remanded in prison, while Bola was a girlfriend to one of the accused persons.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened Section 4 of Ekiti State Kidnap and Terrorism (prohibition) laws 2015.
Bola pleaded not guilty, and her counsel, Mr Ogundele Lawrence applied for her bail.
Chief Magistrate Idowu Ayenimo, consequently granted bail to the accused in the sum of N50, 000 and one responsible
Ayenimo therefore adjourned the case till Jan. 5 for further hearing
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn