An 18-year-old girl, Bola Adeniyi, on Tuesday appeared in an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court for alleged kidnapping.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Oriyomi Akinwale, told the court that the accused committed the offence on Dec. 13, 2016 at Fabor Forest, Efon Alaaye in Efon Alaaye, Ekiti.
Akinwale said the accused unlawfully conspired to Kidnap Gbenga Adejare in Efon Alaaye, Ekiti.
He said that some of her co-accused had been arrested and remanded in prison, while Bola was a girlfriend to one of the accused persons.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened Section 4 of Ekiti State Kidnap and Terrorism (prohibition) laws 2015.
Bola pleaded not guilty, and her counsel, Mr Ogundele Lawrence applied for her bail.
Chief Magistrate Idowu Ayenimo, consequently granted bail to the accused in the sum of N50, 000 and one responsible
Ayenimo therefore adjourned the case till Jan. 5 for further hearing
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo