An 18-year-old girl, Bola Adeniyi, on Tuesday appeared in an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court for alleged kidnapping.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Oriyomi Akinwale, told the court that the accused committed the offence on Dec. 13, 2016 at Fabor Forest, Efon Alaaye in Efon Alaaye, Ekiti.
Akinwale said the accused unlawfully conspired to Kidnap Gbenga Adejare in Efon Alaaye, Ekiti.
He said that some of her co-accused had been arrested and remanded in prison, while Bola was a girlfriend to one of the accused persons.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened Section 4 of Ekiti State Kidnap and Terrorism (prohibition) laws 2015.
Bola pleaded not guilty, and her counsel, Mr Ogundele Lawrence applied for her bail.
Chief Magistrate Idowu Ayenimo, consequently granted bail to the accused in the sum of N50, 000 and one responsible
Ayenimo therefore adjourned the case till Jan. 5 for further hearing
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo