No fewer than 19 commissioner nominees submitted by Governor Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi State have been screened by the State House of Assembly.
Before the screening commenced on Tuesday, it was learnt that the Majority leader of the Assembly, Tijani Mohammed Aliyu, read the letter containing the names of the nominees at the floor of the house.
According to him, “Governor Mohammed Abubakar has submitted the names in line with section 192 sub section 2 of the 1999 constitution as amended.”
The new cabinet will consist 20 commissioners, one each from 20 local government areas of the state.
Governor Abubakar had earlier while forming his cabinet reduced the number of Ministries in the state to 16 from the over 20 he inherited from his predecessor.
However, many believed that, Jama’are was not included because the deputy governor, Engineer Nuhu Gidado who was serving as Commissioner of education in the last cabinet will not be replaced.
Some of the commissioners who served in the last 16 member cabinet also made the list.
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra