19 person burnt to ashes as two vehicles collided in Katsina
No fewer than 19 persons have died in a ghastly motor accident along Kano – Katsina Road, ROYAL NEWS can confirm.
Spokesman of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Sector Command in the state, Mr Kabir Ibrahim-Daura, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Saturday.
According to him, “the incident occurred near Lambun Garban Bichi, on the outskirts of Bichi town, around 8:30 a.m. on Friday. It occurred when a Peugeot J5 bus and a Toyota C20 bus had a head-on collision when one of the drivers of the vehicles wanted to overtake the other vehicle at a sharp bend corner.”
Kabir-Daura added that “the two vehicles bust into flames as a result of which 18 out of the 34 passengers in the vehicles were burnt to ashes.
“There were 34 passengers on board the two vehicles, so 18 were burnt to ashes, while the other one died later in the hospital. The remaining 15 persons who sustained various injuries were taken to Bichi General Hospital by the Corps’ personnel for treatment.”
The FRSC boss however attributed the accident to wrong overtaking and speeding, and urged drivers to always obey traffic rules and regulations to avoid road accident on the highways.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike