No fewer than 19 persons have died in a ghastly motor accident along Kano – Katsina Road, ROYAL NEWS can confirm.
Spokesman of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Sector Command in the state, Mr Kabir Ibrahim-Daura, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Saturday.
According to him, “the incident occurred near Lambun Garban Bichi, on the outskirts of Bichi town, around 8:30 a.m. on Friday. It occurred when a Peugeot J5 bus and a Toyota C20 bus had a head-on collision when one of the drivers of the vehicles wanted to overtake the other vehicle at a sharp bend corner.”
Kabir-Daura added that “the two vehicles bust into flames as a result of which 18 out of the 34 passengers in the vehicles were burnt to ashes.
“There were 34 passengers on board the two vehicles, so 18 were burnt to ashes, while the other one died later in the hospital. The remaining 15 persons who sustained various injuries were taken to Bichi General Hospital by the Corps’ personnel for treatment.”
The FRSC boss however attributed the accident to wrong overtaking and speeding, and urged drivers to always obey traffic rules and regulations to avoid road accident on the highways.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion