Two white tiger cubs have mauled their 40-year-old keeper, Anjaneya, to death barely a week after his resumption at the Bannerghatta Biological Park in India.
According to Times of India, the Tigers were said to have attacked him when he went into the Cubs’ enclosure to clean up the place without noticing that the other side where the animals were resting was open.
A Source at the park said, “It’s a practice to feed tigers after the safaris are over around 5 pm. The victim entered the cage to clean bones, not realizing the Tigers were there. Soorya, a tiger adopted by MLA Ashok Kheny, and its cubs Vanya and Jhansi Rani were resting inside.
“One cub saw the stranger in the cage and jumped on him and bit his neck. The other cub joined the attack. When he started screaming, the Tigers got enraged and took him into the safari area. He succumbed to the injuries.”
The Tigers were eventually driven off by park staff but the victim was already dead and some part of his body had been eaten by the animals.
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000