Two white tiger cubs have mauled their 40-year-old keeper, Anjaneya, to death barely a week after his resumption at the Bannerghatta Biological Park in India.
According to Times of India, the Tigers were said to have attacked him when he went into the Cubs’ enclosure to clean up the place without noticing that the other side where the animals were resting was open.
A Source at the park said, “It’s a practice to feed tigers after the safaris are over around 5 pm. The victim entered the cage to clean bones, not realizing the Tigers were there. Soorya, a tiger adopted by MLA Ashok Kheny, and its cubs Vanya and Jhansi Rani were resting inside.
“One cub saw the stranger in the cage and jumped on him and bit his neck. The other cub joined the attack. When he started screaming, the Tigers got enraged and took him into the safari area. He succumbed to the injuries.”
The Tigers were eventually driven off by park staff but the victim was already dead and some part of his body had been eaten by the animals.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List