About 414,696 candidates, out of the 1,603,181 who sat for the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, scored above 200, ROYAL NEWS has confirmed.
The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Prof Ishaq Oloyede, has said that the figure translates to 25. 09 per cent.
This is against the 465,025 (27.00 per cent) of the 1, 606, 374 who scored above 200 in 2017.
The JAMB boss, however, said that 558, 673 candidates scored above 190; 739,490 above 180 and 956, 937 above 170 marks.
He revealed this on Tuesday during the Policy Meeting held at the newly inaugurated Bola Babalakin Auditorium in Gbongan, Osun State.
The 2,400-capacity centre was built by the Chairman of Bi-Courtney Group of Companies, Dr Wale Babalakin.
At the programme attended by the state Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, and the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, among many other top players in the education sector, Oloyede, however, warned that scores released by JAMB were not the cut-off marks.
According to him, they are the minimum marks required while the cut-off marks are arrived at from the cumulative consideration of candidates’ scores or grades.
He added on other regulations guiding the process, “Every candidate is required to accept or reject his/her admission before the process is said to be completed.
“Candidates can now protest their admission status should they feel they are not fairly treated.”
Speaking at the event, Adamu urged authorities of higher institutions to work with JAMB to sanitise admission process in the country.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92