Brazil’s President, Michel Temer has expressed his best wishes for Nigeria’s Super Eagles at the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Temer made this statement of support when Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffrey Onyeama, paid him a courtesy visit in Brasilia.
A statement by the Media Aide to Onyeama, Ms Sarah Sanda, on Saturday in Abuja, said the minister was on a week working visit to Brazil.
Temer’s support was coming as Nigeria’s Super Eagles kick off their Russia 2018 World Cup campaign on Saturday, with a match against Croatia.
The President of Brazil stressed the importance of the historic warm relations between both countries, which has been enhanced by the visit of Nigeria’s Foreign Minister to Brazil.
Earlier, Onyeama said the objective of his trip was to strengthen the long standing cordial political, economic and socio-cultural relations between Nigeria and Brazil.
According to him, it is also to explore new areas of mutual benefit for the two countries.
Onyeama then conveyed to Termer, the fraternal greetings of President Muhammadu Buhari and his optimism of stronger Nigeria-Brazil collaboration in the coming years.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules