– Odigie-Oyegun believes President Buhari should get a second term in office because of his good qualities –
The APC chairman said the president needs another term in office to complete the good job he is doing
– After a second term, Oyegun says more people like Buhari are need in office John Odigie-Oyegun, the national chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has pleaded with Nigerians to vote President Muhammmadu Buhari for a second time in order to ensure continuity of good leadership.
According to reports, Oyegun said this in a chat with pressmen on Friday, April 21. Oyegun said President Buhari’s good qualities make him the best candidate to be in office again after the 2019 elections. President Buhari has good qualities that qualify him for a second term in office according to Odigie-Oyegun.
He said: “The gift President Buhari is giving to this country is what he represents and that is his absolute integrity. “What Nigerians should aspire to be, the kind of country that we want Nigeria to be, a country where a man’s yes is his yes.
“A country with leadership that treats with respect public resources, a nation that is disciplined; a nation that is not wallowing in indecent corruption that we have today that is making one ashamed, that is what Buhari represents.
“He is like a General leading a charge against the major ills of this country. The job is so enormous that one term cannot do it. The job is so enormous that two terms cannot do it.
Odigie-Oyegun believes that President Buhari should remain in office for continued good governance. “Even after President Buhari’s tenure, we still need people like him to continue in office. So, my prayer is that God gives him robust good health and once he enjoys that, of course as an individual, I will work that he comes back for another term. “But those things are in the hands of God because we are not God and we cannot play God.
I am only saying that because of the enormity of the task that we are facing. “When we talk of change, a lot of people talk about physical change. The main one is the change in the mentality and ethics of Nigerians, especially the attitude of Nigerians to right and wrong. “So, the task is enormous and we need continuity in principled leadership which President Buhari represents,” Oyegun said.
It was gathered that members of the Buhari Campaign Organisation (BCO) have begun strategising for the 2019 elections.
Their aim is to ensure President Buhari continues to pilot the affairs of the country up till 2023, even as the group has started meeting to ensure their plans are perfected ahead of the 2019 polls.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi