The 2019 Budget Estimate has passed through Second Reading at the floor of the Hous, ROYAL NEWS reports.
This followed the conclusion of debate on the general principles of the budget by members.
The Speaker, Dr. Ali Ahmad, while calling on the Clerk of the House, Hajia Halimat Jummai Kperogi, to read the Appropriation Bill for the second time, praised members for their commitments and directed that appearance of Ministries Department Agencies (MDAs)for budget defence be completed early, to ensure presentation of the report by Tuesday.
In his presentation, the Deputy Speaker, Chief Mathew Okedare,had praised the House, for ensuring the passage of budget before the end of the outgoing year and enjoined the House to give priority to the education sector, to further enhance the wellbeing of the future generation of the state.
Other members who spoke on the budget,were members representing Edu, Kaiama/Kemanji/Wajibe, Gweria/Bani/Adena, Owode/Onire, Odo-Ogun and Oke-Ogun Constituencies, Hons. Aliyu Ishiaku Adams, Ahmed Ibn Mohammed, Suleiman Baziki, Abdul Rasheed Taiwo Abdullahi, Hajia Sikirat Anako and Barrister Kamal Fagbemi.
However, the chairman House Committee on Agriculture and Water Resources, Hon. Ishiaku Adams, disclosed that allocation of N279m to agricultural sector was far below Maputo Declaration that 10% of the total budget be allocated to the sector and urged the House to address it.
Also the chairman House Committee on Health and Environment Hon. Ibn Mohammed insisted that of the 13 rural roads to be constructed next year, in which 10 number of roads will be constructed in Kwara South, 2 roads in Central and one North Senatorial District be addressed to enhance movement of agricultural products to urban centre.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting