The 2019 Budget Estimate has passed through Second Reading at the floor of the Hous, ROYAL NEWS reports.
This followed the conclusion of debate on the general principles of the budget by members.
The Speaker, Dr. Ali Ahmad, while calling on the Clerk of the House, Hajia Halimat Jummai Kperogi, to read the Appropriation Bill for the second time, praised members for their commitments and directed that appearance of Ministries Department Agencies (MDAs)for budget defence be completed early, to ensure presentation of the report by Tuesday.
In his presentation, the Deputy Speaker, Chief Mathew Okedare,had praised the House, for ensuring the passage of budget before the end of the outgoing year and enjoined the House to give priority to the education sector, to further enhance the wellbeing of the future generation of the state.
Other members who spoke on the budget,were members representing Edu, Kaiama/Kemanji/Wajibe, Gweria/Bani/Adena, Owode/Onire, Odo-Ogun and Oke-Ogun Constituencies, Hons. Aliyu Ishiaku Adams, Ahmed Ibn Mohammed, Suleiman Baziki, Abdul Rasheed Taiwo Abdullahi, Hajia Sikirat Anako and Barrister Kamal Fagbemi.
However, the chairman House Committee on Agriculture and Water Resources, Hon. Ishiaku Adams, disclosed that allocation of N279m to agricultural sector was far below Maputo Declaration that 10% of the total budget be allocated to the sector and urged the House to address it.
Also the chairman House Committee on Health and Environment Hon. Ibn Mohammed insisted that of the 13 rural roads to be constructed next year, in which 10 number of roads will be constructed in Kwara South, 2 roads in Central and one North Senatorial District be addressed to enhance movement of agricultural products to urban centre.
- SAD…. Mimiko looses 88yr-old mother
- (SEE FULL DETAILS) Kwara commissioners and their portfolios
- BREAKING… Party loyalists storm Ilorin as Gov. Abdulrazaq swears-in 16 commissioners, 4 SAs, others
- 100 Ekiti women benefit from NITDA ICT training
- UNILORIN don reveals how theatre art can contribute to national devt.
- Man grusomely murdered in Ilorin by unknown assailants (PHOTOS)
- Sowore: Senate probes alleged court invasion by DSS operatives
- 2020: Senate considers N232.8bn budget for FCT
- Senate moves to end discrimination against women Police
- 24yr-old acclaimed husband arraigned in court over alleged marriage without consent