A campaign office towardd the actualization of the second term bid of President Muhammadu Buhari and vice president Yemi Osinbajo will be opened tomorrow, Saturday January 20, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The minister of communication, Adebayo Shittu is expected to reform the commissioning of the southwest office located in Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
It was gathered that the venue is Oritsejolomi Thomas Hall of the International Conference Centre at the University of Ibadan (UI) at 11 am.
Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT), said former Abia State Governor Orji Uzo Kalu will be the guest speaker. Other prominent Nigerians expected at the event include the national leader of the APC Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (special guest of honour and grand patron of the group); former senate president Ken Nnamani (chairman of the occasion); a former minister of petroleum Don Etiebet and Oyo state governor Abiola Ajimobi (chief host). The statement also listed transportation minister Rotimi Amaechi and APC’s former interim national chairman Bisi Akande as guests of honour.
Governors listed to attend the inauguration are: Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Akinwunmi Ambode (Lagos) and Rotimi Akeredolu (Ondo).
Former Senate Leader Alli Ndume; the senator representing Katsina Central, Abu Ibrahim and MBO National Patron, Senator Ayo Akinyelure, are guests of honour. The statement said all governors as well as APC Deputy National Chairman (Southwest), Segun Oni; Chief Pius O. Akinyelure; Chairman, APC, Oyo state, Chief Akin Oke; National Coordinator, MBO, Usman Ibrahim; National Secretary, MBO, Isaac Peace Agunloye and National Woman Leader, MBO, Ogechukwu Michael are expected at the event.
Shittu said the group stands for unity, peace and development of Nigeria as well as its heterogeneous tribes.
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy