– The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) may have settled for Aliko Dangote as their presidential candidate
– The party is said to have sent emissaries to woo the billionaire businessman
– Dangote is expected to contest for the 2019 presidential election under the platform of the PDP
There are indications that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) might be settling for Africa’s most richest man Aliko Dangote for its 2019 presidential campaigns.
Daily Times reports that the PDP is already making plans to woo the billionaire to contest for 2019 presidency under its platform.
NAIJ.com gathered that the party having zoned the presidency to north also have its national chairmanship slot for the south.
A PDP source said the party’s decision to reach out to Dangote comes with its focus to win the 2019 presidential election.
READ ALSO: Yahoo boy caught in Edo state confesses to eating human faeces (Video)
The source said the party has already sent emissary to Dangote after members of the PDP’s think tank committee constituted by the former president Goodluck Jonathan made the recommendation.
“I can confidently tell you that the PDP has made overtures to Alhaji Aliko Dangote to come and fly the presidential flag of our party for the 2019 presidential election.”
“So many things were taken into consideration before the party arrived at this decision. Alhaji Dangote has the clout, the pedigree, the name, the follower-ship and above all the financial war chest to match any presidential candidate that the governing All Progressives Congress (APC) or any other party may be bringing forward in 2019,” the source said.
READ ALSO: LIVE UPDATES: Notorious kidnapper Evans in court, pleads guilty, remanded in Kirikiri Maximum prison until 19th October (photos)
Also, findings by Daily Times showed that, the billionaire businessman have in the past made contributions to the emergence of other past presidents.
The billionaire businessman is also said to have contributed to have spent about N37 billion in 2015 during the President Muhammadu Buhari’s presidential ambition.
A source said: “If Dangote can make financial contributions to ensure the emergence of other past Presidents in the country in the past, don’t you think he will be willing and ready to spend any amount to realise his own presidential ambition if he accepts the overture from the PDP?”
“This is one of the reasons why the PDP made the overtures to him (Dangote) and we sincerely hope and pray that he accepts it. If he does, the journey to the Aso Rock presidential villa for the PDP in 2019 would have been made less stressful and less thorny.”
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
However, a member of Ahmed Makarfi-led national caretaker committee of the PDP said it is early for comments on such issue.
Also, a close source to Dangote who spoke under anonymity said the businessman is not interested in politics.
The source said: “The attempt to woo him will fail because Dangote is not interested in politics. He is a businessman to the core and what you just asked me to react to is a distraction.
“The PDP should go and look elsewhere for its candidate for 2019 as Dangote is committed to his core vision and desire to invest and create jobs to the people.”
- Zimbabwean man assaults his wife for not singing at funeral
- Any body supporting this government suppose go hell fire – Davido
- Arsenal striker Aubameyang calls malaria the worst sickness he’s ever had as he opens up on his health battle
- Donald Trump blasts Facebook for extending ban, calls it a crime against free speech
- Abducted Kaduna forestry college students regain their freedom
- Meek Mill shows off his baby boy with Milan Harris ahead of his 1st birthday tomorrow
- NASS assures on return of Nigerian students trapped in Caribbean Island
- Senate seeks establishment Correctional Services Academy
- Senate considers bill to establish Bitumen Mgt Institute
- (PHOTOS) 30 Suspected Yahoo-Yahoo Boys Arrested in Ilorin, see what was found with them
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- News1 year ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Metro1 year ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics1 year ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)