By Arowona Fatimah
The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, on Monday expressed commitment to the preservation of the cultural heritage of the Ilorin Emirate.
He noted that culture and traditional activities remain the genuine recipes for unity, peaceful co-existence and harmonious working relationship of among people of diverse ethnic communities such as Ilorin Emirate.
Sulu-Gambari stated this in Ilorin at the Ilorin Emirate Durbar Festival 2019 where he went round along with contingents of families of traditional chiefs through some selected areas of the Ilorin metropolis.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Kwara State Governor, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq was represented at the event by the Dpity Governor of the State, Mr. Kayode Alabi.
The Emir’s entourage moved on horse procesion from the ancient palace of Ilorin and passed through Abdulazeez Attah road, General round about, Ibrahim Taiwo road and Emir’s road with indigenes of IIorin, friends and well-wishers chanting ‘Sheeeeeeu, Sheeeeeeu’.
In his address, the Emir expressed satisfaction with the assignments of the 2019 Ilorin Emirate Durbar Committee and appealed to indigenes of the community to be good ambassadors in all their places of work with strong signs of patriotism, honesty and steadfastness.
In his remarks, the Chairman of the Committee, Engr. Suleiman Alapansanpa, thanked all the people that contributed to the success of the festival even as he urged them not to relent in their kind efforts towards a peaceful and prosperous Ilorin Emirate.
Alapansanpa however appealed to multi-nationals to key into the invest in order to give this the desired international attention stressing that Ilorin Emirate remains on the strongest in the history of Northern Nigeria and the nation at large.
The Chairman of the Occasion, Engr. Lanre Sagaya, thanked the organizers of the event especially the Emir of Ilorin for finding worthy of the chairing the event. He therefore promised to continue to contribute immensely to the development of the Ilorin Emirate and beyond.
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers
- Maulud Nabbiy ‘ll promote religious tolerance, says Omo-Agege