– The Ekiti state governor Ayodele Fayose has cautioned the Igbo people not to rely on the words of former President Olusegun Obasanjo
– In an interview with Sun News, Fayose said the defection of political bigwigs from the Peoples Democratic Party to All Progressives Congress is a show of lack of principles
– Obasanjo had said that the Igbo people can vie for presidency in 2019
The Ekiti state governor Ayodele Fayose has cautioned the Igbo people not to rely on the words of former president Olusgeun Obasanjo.
In an interview with Sun News, Fayose said the defection of political bigwigs from the Peoples Democratic Party to All Progressives Congress is a show of lack of principles.
Obasanjo had said that the Igbo people can vie for presidency in 2019.
However, Fayose said: “Do you ever take Obasanjo seriously? I don’t take him seriously. By his nature, Obasanjo wants relevance at all times. We have worked with him and used to be his foot soldiers. I know him more than anybody in this country.”
“He just talks, so that he would remain relevant. Do you see any other former President in the country running his mouth like his? If it is not the fact that he has a voice as a former head of state, where is Obasanjo’s constituency? Who are his followers?
How many votes can Obasanjo win in his ward? We must say the truth and we must face the truth. Let’s give it to him, as a leader in this country, whoever has governed this country before would remain our leader, but he must equally recall and admit that he is becoming more fairly negative than working towards national building,” Fayose added
He said most of the politicians who have criticized APC in the past have also joined to dine with the party.
“Certainly, I can’t be party to that. But good luck to them, in life, they say time is of the essence and time will catch up with everybody. But you see, if you are patient in life, you would discover that what goes round comes round,” Fayose said.
He also said: “It is a matter of time and when the table turns where would they then run to? Will they run back? I remember when a lady senator who had a re-run and was supposed to wait for her re-run in PDP, left her own platform and went to the APC.”
“The APC played her into coming and denied her of that ticket. You see, when you are too desperate and you are looking for manna at all cost, looking for snail in the heat of January and February in a Sahara desert. If you are not careful you meet snakes on the way,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections