The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has raised alarm that the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, has allegedly collaborated with Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC to rig elections in the country.
The governor said this when granting audience to the Inter-Party Advisory Council, IPAC, at the Government House, Port- Harcourt, Rivers State.
Wike further said the alleged illegal conspiracy between INEC, APC and Police is a threat to the nation’s democracy.
According to him, “following the use of the Police to deny the people of Rivers East Senatorial District their mandate, the ruling party has made it their official policy.
“The strategy has been adopted by the APC was experienced in Rivers State during the rerun elections. We have to alert all other Nigerians about this strategy.
“The alarm we have raised on the printing of fake result sheets was correct. They used Special Anti-robbery Squad to abduct INEC officials and smuggle in fake results.”
He however urged all the political parties in the country to be vigilant and stop the actualization of the plot of APC to rig the 2019 polls.
“They know Nigerians are tired of being deceived. That is why they will plan to massively rig the 2019 elections. As IPAC members, you must be vigilant.
“They will do everything possible, including killing dozens of persons to remain in power. This is because the people have rejected them. Democracy is under threat. We must defend it.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption