By Olugbenga Salami
As the 2019 general elections are fast approaching, the Ethnic Nationality Youth Leaders Forum, has promised to mobilise 25 million Nigerians to vote for a candidate that will better the lots of young people in the country.
Chairman of the Forum, Comrade Imo Okoko told journalists in Abuja that the organisation had commenced the sensitisation of youths across the country on the need to vote credible candidates in the forth coming general election.
He said the over 250 youth leaders of the Forum intended to meet with all the Presidential candidates, investigate their performance and take a decision on who to vote for.
Comrade Okoko explained that young people were tired of being used and dumped by politicians, and urged youths to take their destinies in their own hands by voting people that would bring the needed change in the country.
While urging politicians to engage in issue based campaigns, the youth leader also advised them avoid creating unnecessary tension.
He stressed the need for the security agencies to be neutral and avoid intimidation, and to also maintain peace during the elections.
The youth leader called on the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to be non partisan, but, ensure a credible, free and fair general election.
He also called on the international Community to effectively monitor the election, especially INEC and Security agencies to ensure they abide by the rules of the election.
- Ukraine President Zelensky appoints Oby Ezekwesili as ambassador
- Breaking: Buhari wades into Naira new notes scarcity
- Fuel scarcity worsens, bites harder in FCT
- No new CP in Lagos state, says Police command
- Osun Tribunal: Sanwo-Olu congratulates Oyetola
- New Naira: Tight security at banks against customers’ attack
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor