By Olugbenga Salami
As the 2019 general elections are fast approaching, the Ethnic Nationality Youth Leaders Forum, has promised to mobilise 25 million Nigerians to vote for a candidate that will better the lots of young people in the country.
Chairman of the Forum, Comrade Imo Okoko told journalists in Abuja that the organisation had commenced the sensitisation of youths across the country on the need to vote credible candidates in the forth coming general election.
He said the over 250 youth leaders of the Forum intended to meet with all the Presidential candidates, investigate their performance and take a decision on who to vote for.
Comrade Okoko explained that young people were tired of being used and dumped by politicians, and urged youths to take their destinies in their own hands by voting people that would bring the needed change in the country.
While urging politicians to engage in issue based campaigns, the youth leader also advised them avoid creating unnecessary tension.
He stressed the need for the security agencies to be neutral and avoid intimidation, and to also maintain peace during the elections.
The youth leader called on the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to be non partisan, but, ensure a credible, free and fair general election.
He also called on the international Community to effectively monitor the election, especially INEC and Security agencies to ensure they abide by the rules of the election.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign