Former Governor James Ibori of Delta state who just returned from London prison has endorsed Governor Ifeanyi Okowa for second term come 2019 general elections.
Ibori gave the endorsement weekend during a ceremony put together at Oghara, his country home by Delta central PDP to welcome him home after spending years in the UK custody.
Ibori called on Delta people to line behind Okowa and support him for second term, noting that Delta North would support the Urhobos when it’s time for the zone to produce the governor immediately after the expiration of Okowa’s second term in 2023.
Ibori, who is seen as a demigod in Delta and the political godfather of the state, expressed happiness over the reception organized for him.
He told the people that he would give them to follow, assuring the people that he would not disappoint them as they all queue behind to support Okowa.
He said: “I am still resting and watching the moment. You shouldn’t worry, don’t panic, there is no trouble. After my rest, we will see. People have said a lot of things’. There is no fear, the day of reckoning in politics is coming.”
Some of the political bigwigs who spoke at the event eulogized Ibori, describing him as the leader of the state and the one to follow.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings