2019: Ibori gives Deltans Marching Order
Former Governor James Ibori of Delta state who just returned from London prison has endorsed Governor Ifeanyi Okowa for second term come 2019 general elections.
Ibori gave the endorsement weekend during a ceremony put together at Oghara, his country home by Delta central PDP to welcome him home after spending years in the UK custody.
Ibori called on Delta people to line behind Okowa and support him for second term, noting that Delta North would support the Urhobos when it’s time for the zone to produce the governor immediately after the expiration of Okowa’s second term in 2023.
Ibori, who is seen as a demigod in Delta and the political godfather of the state, expressed happiness over the reception organized for him.
He told the people that he would give them to follow, assuring the people that he would not disappoint them as they all queue behind to support Okowa.
He said: “I am still resting and watching the moment. You shouldn’t worry, don’t panic, there is no trouble. After my rest, we will see. People have said a lot of things’. There is no fear, the day of reckoning in politics is coming.”
Some of the political bigwigs who spoke at the event eulogized Ibori, describing him as the leader of the state and the one to follow.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike