A Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) female presidential aspirant, Prof. Funmilayo Adesanya-Davies on Thursday adduced reasons why President Muhammad Buhari must not seek a re- election in 2019.
Adesanya- Davies in a statement said “Nigerians are sick and tired of president Buhari’s presidency”, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The university don pointed out that while the nation’s economy has “nose-dived, there is hunger, very high unemployment rate, nepotism has over taken the nation in strides, and the fight against insecurity and corruption is an abysmal failure. An average Nigerian now have very low self esteem with threats to their self expression.”
“Why would President Buhari seek a second term after over one hundred days sick leave? Age and health are not on his side, he should acknowledge. If the president ever perceives the position as duty post rather than status, he must be glad for a relief to step down for a well deserved rest.
“The fact is that being a president is not a post-retirement position that anyone should admire, with fast deteriorating health.
“The president should know that Nigerians can’t afford another four more years of retrogressive leadership. The cabal have tried their best to assist the President but it hasn’t worked neither is it successful. Their efforts are not good enough and it’s high time they come to terms with that.”
“The truth is that an average 75-year-old man in Nigeria should sit-down-watch and be an elder statesman rendering useful advice rather than steer the sheep”, she added.
The presidential hopeful further noted that “Nigerians are not a bunch of daft persons. They can think. They now know better. Once beaten twice shy, they say.
We told them in 2015 anyway, that intellectuals solve problems but geniuses prevent them. See where we found ourselves today, but of course, not again, she asserts. Never again!
He would definitely be defeated by a more serious visionary, technocrat and youthful aspirant as myself.”
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house