Former Commissioner for Information in Kwara State and veteran journalist, Alhaji Raheem Adedoyin has been appointed as Kwara state coordinator for the National Committee Of Buhari Support Groups( NCBSG).
NCBSG is the Umbrella organization for all the support groups seeking the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 general elections.
Adedoyin, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress( APC) was inaugurated along with other zonal and state Coordinators in Abuja today at an event attended by Vice President Yemi Osibanjo, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Lagos State Governor, Akinwumi Ambode, Chairman, NCBSG Board of Trustees, Sen. Abu Ibrahim, Kwara State APC Gubernatorial candidate, Alh. Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq and his counterparts from Delta( Great Ogboru), Enugu( Sen. Ayogu Eze), Imo (Sen. Hope Uzodimma, Waziri Hausa of Daura Emirate and former Kwara Gubernatorial aspirant, Alh. Yakubu Gobir and other APC Stakeholders.
In the letter of appointment signed by NCBSG Chairman, Alhaji Mustapha Ahmed and the Secretary-General, Otunba Biodun Ajiboye, charged the Coordinators to use their political experience to deliver their states for APC and Buhari/Osinbajo in 2019.
The Aims and Objectives of the committee include:
i. To serve as a platform for coordinating the activities of Buhari support groups nationwide.
ii. To galvanise the support groups with a view to bridging any communication and support gaps between the government and citizens of the country
iii. To mobilise unwavering support for the government of President Muhammadu Buhari in it is efforts to fight corruption, secure the country, develop infrastructure , create jobs, and bequeath a legacy of social political change
iv. To serve as a vehicle that will continuously alert government of economic, political and social initiative that will enhance policies and actions for the benefit of Nigeria and citizenry
In his reaction to the appointment, Adedoyin pledged to work with every support group and interest within and outside APC to ensure the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 general elections.
“President Muhammadu Buhari has done a lot for us in Kwara and all his achievements we shall publicise adequately, ” he added.
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems
- When will Gov. Abdulrazaq present 2020 budget?
- Senate to IGP: Reduce checkpoints on federal highways
- Atiku decries $100bn annual foreign school fees by wealthy Nigerians
- Senate passes 2020 budget,raises estimates to N10.594trn
- Kano Assembly finally passes bill of new emirates creation into law
- SAD…Obasanjo’s Ex-Special Adviser on women affairs dies at 73