As the 2019 general elections draw nearer, a religious body, Nadwat-ul-ahli Islamic Society of Nigeria (NADWAT) on Sunday in Ilorin, organized a special prayer for peaceful conduct of the elections in Kwara in particular and Nigeria at large.
The prayer, which was observed by over 3, 000 members of the Society was tagged: “One million Salawat/special prayers.”
Motive behind the prayer was to seek Allah’s intervention at ensuring free, fair and peaceful polls in all parts of the country, ROYAL NEWS reports.
In his remark after the recitations of several portions from the Holy Quran, the Chief Missioner of NADWAT, Ustaz Aliyu Olayinka said the society decided to organize the prayer as part its contributions to peace and stability of the nation.
He cautioned political leaders and their supporters against do-or-die politics in the interest of peace and stability of Nigeria.
The Chief Missioner reminded politicians that it is only God who can give and take power from whom He likes.
The cleric advised politicians to see political office as a means to serve God and humanity rather than means of acquiring wealth illegally.
According to him, “we organize this one million Salawat to seek blessings for Prophet Muhammad, pray ourselves and to pray for God’s mercy in Kwara state and Nigeria at large so that we can have peaceful elections.
The Chief Missioner noted that no meaningful development could be attained in an atmosphere of chaos and acrimony and advised politicians to ensure trouble-free campaign and election.
The Head of Women Wing of NADWAT, Hajia Rafat Ajelanwa warned youths against being used as instruments of destruction before, during and after the general elections.
She also enjoined parents particularly women to monitor the activities of their children so that they would not be misled by unscrupulous politicians.
Members of the NADWAT from across the 16 Local Government areas of the state attended the prayer.
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor