The Senator representing Kaduna Central senatorial district in the National Assembly, Shehu Sanni, drumed his support for has President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) re-election bid in the 2019 general elections.
He stated this while interacting with newsmen who visited him to mark the Salah celebration at his Kaduna residence, Leadership reports.
The lawmaker reportedly said that in spite of the challenges bedevilling the nation, the performance of the present administration under the leadership of President Buhari has done more for the good of the nation considering the challenges he has to deal with.
Sanni further described President Buhari as a symbol of integrity whose transparency and achievements outweigh the weaknesses and challenges in the polity.
He said: “It would amount to self-deception and denial to say that in the last three years, there have not been challenges in the country, there are challenges between the APC as a party and governance.
“But President Buhari has been able to summon the courage to fight corruption and corrupt officials, improved on the economy and the good image of the country among the comity of nations.
“The present administration under President Buhari has generated the country an exceptional and outstanding recognition globally.
“The present administration has completed projects and initiated new ones, activities of the insurgents have reduced to the barest minimum and today Nigeria is more peaceful than in the past.”
Even though he stressed that the achievements of the present administration outweighed its weaknesses and challenges, the senator noted that unemployment and level of poverty among Nigerians is something that is worrisome.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign