The Emir of Yashikira, in Baruten Local Government area of Kwara State, Alhaji (Dr) Umar Seriki Usman, has advised political parties to ensure the emergence of Kwara North aspirants as their respective candidates in the forthcoming governorship election in the state.
He stated this on Thursday while receiving a governorship aspirant if the platform of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Alhaji Shuaibu Yaman Abdullahi in his palace, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He noted that the section of the state had resolved to mount agitations and breakaway from the state if reverse is the case stressing that, “gone are those days when we do follow-follow.”
According to him, “We are the food basket of the state, we are the commercial hub and pride of the state and we have always being instrumental to political victories in the state.
” Our people have been living in abject poverty, poor conditions, perpetual backwardness, joblessness and enemity among communities. We want a governor from within us and any attempt to do otherwise , we are ready to mount agitation for breakaway from this state because that was our Kabba and Okene was lost to the present Kogi State.”
He also lamented over the poor road networks across Kwara North Senatorial District maintaining that successive administrations have promised and failed the region saying, “It is our time to take over the leadership of the state by producing the next governor of the state.
“We need modern equipment for farming, we qualitative education and good healthcare delivery for our people. This is 21st century and we can’t afford to be living in the dark and unpardonable ignorance. May God assist you in the cause to salvage us all in Kwara state.
The first class traditional ruler however endorsed Alhaji Shuaibu Yaman Abdullahi, as the Kwara North candidate for the 2019 governorship race in Kwara State and pray God to ensure his victory in the party primaries.
Earlier, the APC aspirant had enumerated some of the problems facing the people of the state and promised not to betray the trust if elected as the governor in 2019.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment