By Hammed Salawu, Minna
Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Niger State, Barrister Mohammed Liman, has explained that President Muhammadu Buhari and the state Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello, were endorsed for second term by the state chapter of the party due to their credible performances especially in areas of security.
Liman stated this at a press briefing held in Minna to throw more light on issues about the endorsement of the President and the Governor at a rally last weekend.
He said that President Buhari and Governor Sani Bello have no rivals when it comes to issues of delivery of dividends of democracy.
He said that there was no other candidate capable of beating the records of President Buhari and Governor Bello appealing to members to give support to their candidature in 2019
The APC chieftain further said that the endorsement of the governor to run for second term in 2019 can only be waved aside if there is another candidate that has performed more in terms of execution of people oriented projects.
He said that the people of Niger state especially the members of APC have called on Buhari and Governor Bello to run in 2019 in recognition of their immense contribution to the upliftment of citizens during the first tenure in office.
Liman however assured the new members of the party of equal opportunity with the old members to aspire to any position of their choices, adding that “we will accommodate every member without discrimination”.
He said that the PDP was trying to save its face after suffering from humiliating defection of members to APC by branding the defectors as moles.
“APC has only shown high profile defectors not all of them were on parade for the reception organized for them on Saturday”, he added.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES