The Nigerian Senate on Wednesday, amended the 2022 Appropriation Act to extend the implementation period from 31th December 2022 to 31th March 2023.
The amendment according to the senate is to ensure the implementation of key capital projects in the act which have not been funded as of this time.
The Senate observed that it is expedient that the capital budget be extended to prevent the problem of abandoned projects.
Recall, President Muhammadu Buhari is seeking the passage of an N819.5 billion Supplementary budget to be financed through additional domestic borrowing
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets