The latest defection was another set of scores of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members from Dundaye, Gumburawa and Gidan Bubu districts in Wamakko Local Government Area of the state.
Speaking at the event, Alhaji Maigari Dingyadi, the Minister of Police Affairs, described the development as a success, following the achievements recorded by the APC-led Federal Government.
“The APC administration under the watch of President Muhammadu Buhari has brought positive developmental projects aimed at impacting the lives of people.
“The government had for the past seven and half years continued to roll out sustainable programmes that impacted positively to the lives of the less privileged in the country.
“Therefore, I called on all of you to sustain more support for the victory of APC in order for the party to continue to provide more democratic dividends for our people,” he urged.
Dingyadi further said that those achievements recorded by the government at the center were the reasons why members of other political parties were trooping into the APC across the board.
Receiving the defectors, Alhaji Isa Sadiq-Achida, the state APC Chairman described them as pillars of democracy in the area.
Sadiq-Achida urged the new members to feel free and work for the success of the party in the forthcoming elections in the state.
Earlier, Alhaji Ahmad Aliyu, the APC governorship candidate in the state, solicited the support of the electorate, while assuring to bring back more development for the state.
Aliyu told the gathering that he would follow the footsteps of the APC leader in the state, Sen. Aliyu Wamakko (APC -Sokoto North) and sustain his legacies when he served was governor for eight years.
Some of the defectors, Alhaji Labaran Gidan-Ruwa, Hajiya Balkisu Dundaye and Malami Mai-Sojoji revealed that they left PDP in the state following its alleged failure to deliver on all the promises made.
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy