Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state who last week declared his intention to contest in the 2023 presidential election, has said that he is not threatened by more Governors defecting to the All Progressives Congress.
Speaking in an interview on Channels Television on Monday January 17, the Governor stated that the party has more chances of winning with increased number of Governors in the party.
When he was asked if he is threatened by the defections, Umahi said;
“I feel happy rather than being threatened. My ambition is in the hand of God, power, and might belong to God.
“The more we have governors in the APC, the more chance we have to win the election. The more chance we have to continue the project of Nigeria from where Mr President will stop by 2023.”
On why he visited President Buhari to inform him of his presidential interest, the Governor said;
“The issue wasn’t just about going to the President to ask him that I want to contest. There were so many other issues I went to discuss with Mr President.
“I went there to discuss solutions to our insecurity in the Southeast, and on our airport project. I went there to let him know that our airport project will be ready by May 2022 but we needed financial assistance to buy some equipment.
“It was the last thing I mentioned to him.
“The issue of running was by the side, and I mentioned it to him as the father of the nation and father of our political party.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal