The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Uche Secondus, has expressed fear over the 2023 general elections that may not hold.
He noted that the 2023 general elections might not hold because of the current spate of insecurity in Nigeria.
Secondus spoke at the party’s National Executive Committee, NEC, emergency meeting in Abuja.
The PDP National Chairman voice out that the Federal Government has failed to resolve the country’s insecurity challenges.
He said: “Our country today is grounded by insecurity, and there has been no matching response from the government despite the demands of the 1999 operating constitution in section 14 subsection (2b) that “the welfare and security of the citizens shall be the primary purpose of government.
“Terrorists in the North before were confined to the North East region, but today, about 50 villages have been reportedly taken by them in the North Central state of Niger.
“This has become necessary as nothing; not even 2023 is realistic if security issues are not adequately addressed.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide