The commissioner for Education in Kwara State, Hajiya Saadatu Modibbo Kawu has resigned her appointment to enable her run for elective office in 2023.
Hajiya Saadatu made her resignation public during a media parley organised by the Correspondents Chapel of the state Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Ilorin, the state capital on Thursday.
The former commisssioner is seeking the All Progressives Congress (APC) nomination as its candidate for the Ilorin East/ Ilorin South House of Representatives seat.
She told newsmen that she took the bold decision in furtherance of her determination to serve her people at the National Assembly.
She said she understands the challenges facing the people of her constituency and that if elected, she will do everything humanly possible to address the challenges.
The former commisssioner expressed satisfaction about the turn around that the education sector witnessed during her tenure as commisssioner.
She thanked the state governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for the opportunity given her to serve in what she described as his purposeful administration.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES