Ahead of the forthcoming general elections, the Kwara State Government has directed political appointees seeking nominations for elective positions through party’s primaries to resign.
In a statement by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG) Professor Mamman Saba Jibril said the directive is in line with the provisions of section 84(12) of the new Electoral Act.
The statement advised the appointees to submit their resignation letters to the Office of the Secretary to the Kwara State Government not later than 15th April, 2022, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The statement wish them success in their future endeavors.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates