Ahead of the forthcoming general elections, the Kwara State Government has directed political appointees seeking nominations for elective positions through party’s primaries to resign.
In a statement by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG) Professor Mamman Saba Jibril said the directive is in line with the provisions of section 84(12) of the new Electoral Act.
The statement advised the appointees to submit their resignation letters to the Office of the Secretary to the Kwara State Government not later than 15th April, 2022, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The statement wish them success in their future endeavors.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG