Mr. David told the Nigerian News Agency that Mr. Tinubu’s supporters had received with absolute joy his declaration of interest to participate in the 2023 presidential elections.
The National Leader of the Congress of All Progressives, APC, told reporters on Monday that he was at the Presidential Village to formally inform President Buhari of his presidential ambition in 2023.
Tinubu, who spoke after a closed-door meeting with Buhari at the State House, Abuja, said that although he had made his intention known to the president, he would continue to consult with Nigerians.
The APC stalwart said he would like to take over from Buhari in 2023 to continue the good works of the ruling APC.
“It is a welcome development and a relief. A relief because our people have been appealing and begging our leader to come and declare himself to contest the presidential elections in this country.
“Asiwaju is the man who has the means and the ability to renew the nation’s economy and bring everyone together.
“He’s a good manager of people and resources,” said David, chairman of the Lagos Assembly’s Committee on Information, Publicity, Security and Strategy.
David, a two-term lawmaker representing Badagry Constituency II, said Tinubu’s declaration of interest to participate in the 2023 presidential elections had been well received by his in-laws.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA