Olusegun Bamgbose, Esq., National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance, CAGG, has faulted Senate President, Ahmed Lawan’s statement that it was premature to start talking about 2023 presidency.
In a statement on Sunday in reaction to Lawan, Bamgbose said it’s never premature for anyone to start indicating his interest ahead of 2023 the election.
Lawan, in his statement, had also said he was not interested in contesting for the presidency and Bamgbose said this, “is no doubt a defeatist statement.”
Recall that Bamgbose, a Lagos-based senior lawyer had declared his interest to run in the 2023 presidential election.
“He is qualified constitutionally to contest. It’s wrong of him to state that, it’s premature for anyone to start talking about 2023,” he said.
“Proper preparation, they say, prevents poor performance. It’s never too early to start indicating early interest in contesting ahead of 2023.
“It takes time for one to be President of Nigeria. We don’t want emergency President any longer. I will expect politicians to start making open declarations.
“They need to start showcasing their stuff to Nigerians on time. There is no better time than now for politicians to show interest.
“They will need to speak out on national issues and proffer solutions to myriad of challenges confronting us as a nation.
“Lawan should not be scared about what Nigerians will say if he by his body language shows that he is interested in taking over from Buhari.
“It’s obvious from his reaction that he is highly interested in running come 2023. Ambition is never a crime. Aspiration is never forbidden. He is welcome on board.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections