Admits pocket of defection over the adoption of Muslim -Muslim ticket by the All Progressives Congress (APC), the Chairman of Senate Committee on Information and National Orientation , Senator Danladi Abdullahi Sankara has expressed confidence that the choice of Senator Kashim Shettima by Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu as his Vice Presidential Candidate will boost the chances of APC in the next presidential election.
He said the choice of Senator Kashim has further brightened the chances of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to secure victory in the general election scheduled for next year, 2023.
Senator Danladi Sankara reacted to this development in a chat with newsmen in Abuja.
He disclosed that party leaders and supporters in Jigawa State have been briefed about the controversy surrounding the Muslim- Muslim ticket and have thrown their weight behind Tinubu and Shettima adding that victory is sure for APC in the presidential election.
He expressed confidence on the wisdom of Asiwaju Tinubu and capabilities of Senator Kashim Shettima who he described as competent , cerebral , tested and accomplished leader and aministrator that would add value to the presidency of Bola Tinubu in the service of the nation.
Updating the party leaders and supporters , Senator Sankara said , ” by the choice of Senator Kashim Shettima as his running mate for the next year general election Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has proved himself as a leader with great wisdom and vision to assemble capable people to assist him provide the desired leadership that would improve the welfare Nigerians.
According to him “Senator Shettima is capable and well prepared.We are together with him in this 9th Senate and everyone is aware of his leadership capabilities, he will compliment efforts of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to bring about the desired progress and development of the nation” , Senator Sankara emphasised
On the issue of Muslim-Muslim ticket , Senator Sankara pointed out that there was no cause for alarm or apprehension by any group , especially as both Asiwaju Tinubu and Shettima are patriotic and well meaning Nigerians who are very conscious of the requirements of equity and justice in leadership and public administration
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo