The Kwara State House of Assembly on Tuesday yesterday advocated the resuscitation of subventions to state owned tertiary institutions.
The legislature asked the state government to do this so as to ensure prompt payment of the institutions’ workers salaries.
The house made the resolution, while considering a Motion titled “Sustaining the Educational Friendly Environment in Kwara State” raised by a member representing Share/Oke – Ode Constituency, Hon Jimoh Akanni AbdulRahman.
Reading the resolutions of the legislature, the Deputy Speaker, Elder Matthew Okedare said the resuscitation of subventions to the institutions becomes imperative, to further enhance the wellbeing of the workers of the institutions.
The House also urged the state government to increase its allocation to the education sector in the 2018 budget proposals to meet the UNESCO’s requirement of 26% of budgetary allocations to the sector.
The House commended the state government for creating enabling environment for schools and universities in the state.
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment
- How I deal with people who disappoint me— Tinubu
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline