The Kwara State House of Assembly on Tuesday yesterday advocated the resuscitation of subventions to state owned tertiary institutions.
The legislature asked the state government to do this so as to ensure prompt payment of the institutions’ workers salaries.
The house made the resolution, while considering a Motion titled “Sustaining the Educational Friendly Environment in Kwara State” raised by a member representing Share/Oke – Ode Constituency, Hon Jimoh Akanni AbdulRahman.
Reading the resolutions of the legislature, the Deputy Speaker, Elder Matthew Okedare said the resuscitation of subventions to the institutions becomes imperative, to further enhance the wellbeing of the workers of the institutions.
The House also urged the state government to increase its allocation to the education sector in the 2018 budget proposals to meet the UNESCO’s requirement of 26% of budgetary allocations to the sector.
The House commended the state government for creating enabling environment for schools and universities in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate