A 21year-old student of the University of Ilorin, Itanola Abdulsamad is in the custody of the Ilorin Zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC) on a four count charge bordering on internet fraud and other fraud related Offences.
Abdulsamad was re-arraigned before a Kwara State High Court in Ilorin and Presided over by Justice Sikiru Oyinloye on Tuesday.
Count two of the charge reads ” That you, Itanola Abdulsamad, Popoola Afolami (at large) and Olayeni Yemi (at large) sometime between 2018 and 2019, at Ilorin within the judicial division of the Kwara State High Court fraudulently induced several unsuspecting foreigners vide the internet to deliver to you digital currency from which you benefited $950 (nine hundred and fifty United States Dollars) and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 321 of the penal code and punishable under section 324 of the same penal code ”
At the resumed hearing of the case on Tuesday, Counsel to the defendant, Adewale Olatunde told the Presiding Judge ” My Lord, my client has informed me that he wants to change his plea from guilty to not guilty, I humbly urge your Lordship to allow the charge be read to the defendant for him to change his plea ”
When the four count charges were read, Abdulsamad pleaded “not guilty ”
Justice Oyinloye however adjourned till 29th of October 2020 for prosecution to open its case against the defendant.
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded