Twenty two students of Osogbo Grammar School were arraigned before a Magistrates’ Court sitting in Osogbo, Osun state for allegedly conspiring to assault and intimidate staff and students of the school.
The students who were between the ages of 14 and 22, were arraigned on a seven-count charge of conspiracy, violence, unlawful possession of firearms, among others.
The accused students are Lawrence Samuel; Amao Ayoyinka, Lucky Jeremiah, Segun Agboola, Sodiq Adeyemo, Jamad Adegbenle Gafar Oyeleke, Ayomide Fatunmibi, Pelumi Oyetunde, Ahmed Gbadebo, Pelumi Owoyemi, Musbau Olabode, Ridwan Oladapo, Seye Dawodu Toheeb Adeyemo, Esther Adeleye, Mutiu Ajadi, Taiwo Oluwatobiloba, Abass Lukman, Ridwan Oladimeji, Samad Mudashiru, and Sunday Fowowe.
Arraigning them before the magistrate, the police prosecutor, Inspector Joshua Oladoye, told the court that the accused persons had on the 17th and 18th October at about 9:30am conspired to cause mayhem and inflicted injuries on the members of staff and students of the school.
He added that the accused also brandished dangerous weapons within the school premises with the aim to intimidate the members of staff and students.
He stated that the offences committed by the accused contravened sections 516,80,430,355,390(9),249 of Criminal Code Cap 34 Volume II Laws of Osun State of Nigeria 2003.
The accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charges reeled out against them. Counsels to the accused persons, Chief A.O. Olodo and Jimoh Akintayo, applied for bail on their behalf in the most liberal terms, adding that the offenses are bailable ones.
The Magistrate, Mrs Adenike Olowolagba granted the bail application for N200,000 with two sureties and thereafter adjourned the case till December 6th for hearing.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements