A 23-year-old man, Daniel Isong, has been arraigned before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court for allegedly attempting to escape from a hotel without paying for beer and pepper soup he consumed.
Isong , is facing a three-count of obtaining under false pretences, breach of peace and stealing.
The prosecutor, Inspector Victor Eruada, had told the court that the accused and one other person who is still at at large, committed the offences on September 12 at Urban Hotel located on Yaya Street, Ogba, Lagos. Read also: 8 arrested in Kano for alleged prostitution
Eruada said: the accused fraudulently obtained bottles of beer and plates of pepper soup worth N21,800 with the promise to pay after consumption but tried escaping without paying for what he consumed.
“He was, however, caught with the help of a waiter who intercepted him, and he was immediately arrested. Read also: Nnamdi Kanu is a criminal, the truth will come to pass—army
The offences contravene Sections 312, 285 and 166 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015, according to the prosecutor and is punishable by up to 3 years in jail.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty and was granted bail by the Magistrate, Mrs G. O. Anifowoshe in the sum of N25,000, with two sureties in like sum.
She said that the surety must be gainfully employed and should show evidence of two years’ tax payment to the Lagos State Government.
The case has now been adjourned till October 16 for mention. Read also: What you need to know about ‘Monkeypox’
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)