The Magistrate, Mr M.K.O Fadeyi, pronounced the verdict after the accused pleaded guilty to a one-count charge of stealing.
Fadeyi, who sentenced Oderinu without an option of fine, directed that the convict should serve the sentence with hard labour.
“You are hereby sentenced to two years imprisonment with hard labour and without an option of fine.
“The sentence would serve as a deterrent to others who might want to engage in similar acts,” he said.
The accused, whose address and occupation were not stated, had pleaded with the court to temper justice with mercy in sentencing him.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Insp Gabriel Ekundayo, had told the court that the accused committed the offence on Nov. 20 at Hauscon Company, Fatal Atere Way, Mushin, Lagos.
He said that the accused stole a motorcycle with registration No. IKJ 503 QH valued at N160,000, property of Mr Kabiru Hassan.
Ekundayo said that the police on patrol arrested the accused at 1:00 a:m when he was rolling the motorcycle to an unknown destination.
According to him, when he was questioned about the motorcycle in his possession, he could not explain its ownership.
He said the convict was taken to the station where he later confessed that he stole it.
The offence, he said, contravened Section 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance