By Golok Nanmwa, Jos
American Film Writer/Producer, and Community Organizer, Angelina Burnett, on Tuesday tutored thousands of students of the Plateau State Polytechnic, and Nigeria Film Institute, (NFI) on how to use movies to unite communities.
Speaking at the occasion in Jos, Burnett said the American film showcase is a partnership between the USA department of States’ Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and USC’S School of Cinematic Arts.
She also cautioned youths against involving in drug abuse and other social vices so as to safe guard their future.
Burnett said: “Parents have greater roles to play in educating their children on the danger of taking illegal drugs. There is need for students to be good ambassadors, eschew criminal acts, and maintain a safety culture always.”
She however charged students to always be useful in the Community, and for national development urging them to be mindful of their actions while fighting for their fundamental rights.
She further noted that the rule of law must be obeyed at all cost in order to make Nigeria strong.
Further checks by ROYAL NEWS reveled that the American filmmaker was also at the Nigerian Film Institute Jos where she tutored over 500 Students of the institution even as she is expected to tutor more students at the Nigerian Television College, Jos, on Wednesday
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide