No fewer than 252 aides of Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State have deserted him, ROYAL NEWS has gathered .e
They massively resigned their appointments and restated their unalloyed loyalty and commitment to All Progressives Congress (APC)
The aides who are composed of Special Assistants and Special Advisers said the decision was as a result of the recent defection of Tambuwal from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Speaking with newsmen in Sokoto, their spokesperson, Dasuki Haske, restated their loyalty to the APC, stating that “we are not ready to join Governor Tambuwal in his new party. That was what informed our decision. We will remain in APC and there is no going back”.
The aides said since they were members of the APC before taking up their appointments, the resignation was necessary “because the Governor has not performed well since inception to justify our support for him”.
According to Dasuki Haske “We want to assure [sic] that we will work for the success of APC in the state come 2019 general election. We will work for the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari and our state party leader, Senator Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko.”
In her address, Hajia Rabi Tudunwada, claimed that the aides were made to swear with the Qur’an to make a promise to defect from the APC, before they would be paid their August salaries.
She said it was their refusal to swear to the oath that informed the resignation, and reaffirmed their decision to work for the APC in the forthcoming elections.
Reacting to development, Sokoto state APC chairman Isah Achida, appreciated the affected special advisers and assistants for their loyalty, and promised that they would be rewarded for their commitment.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal