The Kwara State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, has revealed that one Olakunle Obaoye, 25, has killed himself over depression occasioned by his inability to pay his debts.
The deceased was found dead inside a bush at Erinmope village near Ayedun in Oke Ero local government area of the State, as contained in a statement by the Command’s Spokesman Babawale Afolabi.
The Command’s public relations officer Babawale Zaid Afolabi who confirmed the incident to newsmen in Ilorin on Tuesday explained that the matter has been handed over to the police for further investigations and necessary actions.
” On Monday 17/01/2022:at about 1200 hours one Thomas Obaoye of Ayedun town went to our divisional office in the area to notify our men on ground about the demise of his brother Olakunle Obaoye, 25, whose lifeless body was found hanging on the three in what look like a suicide” Babawale disclosed.
He stressed further that NSCDC men from Ayedun Division later went to the scene of the incident and worked together with the relatives of the victim to bring down his corpse from the three.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the dead body was later handed over to the family for proper burial
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules